Lithium Polymer batteries are an excellent choice for battery pack designs requiring low profile, high energy density (3.7V per cell,) dimensional flexibility, and very low current applications. The foil package allows for custom sizes and various shapes to meet tight dimension requirements. LiPO cells are used in many commercial applications and medical devices, as well as military communications equipment.
Lithium Polymer Cell Advantages
- High energy density in a very small package
- Low profile dimensional flexibility
- High Gravimetric and Volumetric Power Density.
- Low Impedance
- Light Weight
- Cell voltage: 3.7V (nominal)
- Low self-discharge
- Operating temperature range: -20°C to 60°C
Lithium Polymer Applications
- Medical devices
- Wireless controllers
- Communication devices
- Back up-power