Primary batteries are single-use batteries. They have the advantages of convenience and lower initial cost. In general, primary batteries have a higher capacity than rechargeable batteries.
- High energy density
- Low initial cost
- Wide availability
- Great choice for intermittent-drain applications
- Great choice for low-drain applications
- Short life in high-drain applications.
- Not environmentally friendly since they produce only a small percentage of the energy used to create them
- Not environmentally friendly as they produce more waste than rechargeable batteries
TYPICAL BATTERY CHEMISTRIES
- Silver Oxide